Every pupil gets a chance to play in a team
Sport nurtures team players, independence, courage and resilience, as well as fairness, respect and sportsmanship. Sport at Redcliffe has continued to grow and develop with new sports and clubs added to our provision. Our Head of Sport has created a sports programme which is varied and inspiring.
We aim for a breadth of success; every pupil gets a chance to play in a team and children showing elite capabilities are steered in the direction of appropriate local clubs.
- Both the Prep and Pre-Prep schools have playgrounds.
- Our sports ground at Ifield Road is a 5 minute walk from school.
- We have use of the facilities at both the Hurlingham Club and Godolphin and Latymer.
- Our children benefit from 5 hours of timetabled sport per week.
- Our core sports are: athletics, cricket, football, hockey, netball, rounders, swimming and tag rugby.
- In addition, we offer basketball, gymnastics, judo, fencing, lacrosse, yoga, and tennis.
- Ballet is a popular after-school club for all years.
In addition to scheduled matches with other schools, our annual Summer Sports Day, Swimming Gala, Cross Country Race and various sponsored challenges are very popular with all pupils and give every child a chance to participate.