Teaching & Learning
Broad and contemporary curriculum
At Redcliffe we aim to inspire curiosity and open children’s eyes to the wonder of learning. Our teaching is modern and forward-thinking and focuses on developing skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, creative thinking, and collaboration. Our teaching and learning methods use a combination of more traditional, tried and tested strategies and newer approaches based on research in learning theory. Pupils at Redcliffe are not streamed into separate ability groups but we are able to provide individual support to children who may require additional support or stretching beyond the regular curriculum. Our pupils enjoy a broad and contemporary curriculum and we provide:
- Teaching Assistants up to Year 3.
- Specialist teaching in Music from Nursery upwards.
- Specialist teaching in PE from Nursery upwards.
- Specialist teaching in French from Nursery upwards.
- Specialist teaching in Maths, English and Science for Years 4-6.
- Classics taught from Year 3.
- Latin taught from Year 5.
- Coding for Reception and Year 1 in the form of Bee-Bots.
- Coding using Sphero for Year 2 upwards.
- Ballet and LAMDA Public Speaking available for all years as an after school club.
Successful learning comes from inspired teaching and our team of specialist staff are professional and talented and care deeply that every child fulfils their individual academic potential. We are well-staffed, with a high ratio of staff to children and we aim to recruit and retain the very best teachers in London who are keen to continually develop their own skills.
At all ages, reading is the cornerstone of the homework routine and, whether it is listening to a child read or helping them to learn their times tables, we are grateful for our parents’ support. The school’s open door policy means that teachers are available to speak to parents should the need arise.